Founded in June 23, 1996, and registered at OAB/SP under No. 3.156, it was the first firm, in Brazil, exclusively dedicated to environmental law.
Its founder member and consultant, Édis Milaré, is one of the most acclaimed names in environmental disputes – be it in doctrine explanation, be it in the performance of practical actions related to legal and administrative procedures in environmental sphere.
1. Consolidated in the market due to his high specialization in provision of preventive and litigious legal consultancy, he has received for the sixtieth consecutive time the best placement in the Annual “Análise Advocacia”, 2014 edition.
2.Internationally recognized, he has been awarded by “Chambers & Partners” with the first place among Brazilians that struggle in the Environmental Law area, which emphasizes the renown of this “boutique firm” in legal scenario:
3. In 2012, it started to integrate “Legal 500 Latin America”, exclusive publication that awards only the 500 best law firms in each Continent:
4. In the same year, he was identified by "Who’s Who Legal” as one of the leading business lawyers in Brazil. (Who’s Who Legal 2014).
5. The “Latin Lawyer 250” acclaims Édis Milaré as the most recognized lawyer in Brazil in environmental area. (Latin Lawyer 2015).
6. In 2013, Édis Milaré was awarded the Client Choice Award, in environmental area, “International Law Office” award for lawyers that are most recommended by internal professionals of great companies. (International Law Office 2013).
7. In 2015, both Édis Milaré, as Milaré Lawyers are awarded with the prize Top Ranked Chambers Latin America. (Chambers Latin America, 2015).
8. ACQ 2014 - checked the Milaré Lawyers for the second consecutive year, the Leading Customer Service Law Firm of the Year , as stamped disclosure in the Financial Times.